Împăratul Romanilor Hotel is certified since 1544 as an inn located on the road that came from Wallachia and hosted the king of Sweden in 1714 during his belligerent perpetuity in the Balkans.
Philipp Collignon, in 1772, played a very important role in the life and development of the inn, with the name "La Steaua Albastra". The year 1783 brought the name change to the "Împăratul Romanilor - Emperor Of The Romans" following the visit of Joseph II the Habsburg Emperor.
In 1857, the inn is expanding as the Magistrate bought Wayda House, for the sum of 25,000 Guilders, with the intention of expanding the inn. In 1873, the festive hall will be parquet, in 1876, theatrical performances will be held in this place during the theater rebuilding.
The interest of the magistrate for this property was because many political meetings were held here, in which the magistrate or the Jewish political people were involved, such as the ’’ Dieta’’ meetings. Also, the negotiations meetings related to the signing of the Pragmatic Sanction or the status of the Saxon nation were held in the inn.